Coughlin Midlige & Garland attorneys have established an excellent reputation for handling litigation on behalf of our clients in an aggressive, efficient, and highly professional manner. Our attorneys represent clients in state and federal courts at all levels throughout the United States, and before administrative boards, government agencies, and alternative dispute tribunals.
The Firm's objective is to provide the best possible result for the client at a reasonable cost. To that end, we work closely with our clients to develop and comply with litigation plans that are goal-oriented and cost-effective.
Coughlin Midlige & Garland's Commercial Litigation Practice Group has the experience and resources necessary to successfully represent clients in matters ranging from multi-district and class action litigation to commercial disputes in state and federal court. We have developed both an understanding and appreciation of the business needs of our clients as a result of our representation of myriad domestic and international business entities as well as individuals.
The Firm's attorneys can meet the needs of any case and have broad experience in the following areas:
- Corporate disputes
- Corporate governance
- Securities litigation and arbitration
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial fraud
- Fiduciary responsibilities
- Class action lawsuits
- Business torts
- Unfair competition and trade secrets
- Intellectual property
- White collar crime
- Internal corporate investigations
- Construction and surety
- Professional liability
- Real estate
- Creditors' rights
- Lender liability
- Franchises and dealerships
- Arbitration, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution
- Appellate practice
- August 29, 2022 12 Coughlin Midlige & Garland Attorneys Recognized in 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
Coughlin Midlige & Garland LLP is pleased to announce that 12 of the Firm's attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the...
- March 22, 2021 Exciting Firm News!
March 22, 2021 – Morristown, New Jersey – Coughlin Duffy LLP announced today it has changed its name to Coughlin...
- July 6, 2020 Morris County's Top Lawyers 2020
Coughlin Midlige & Garland LLP warmly congratulates Jason A. Meisner and Pandora J. Thompson for their inclusion in Morris County's...
- March 13, 2020 Coughlin Midlige & Garland Attorneys Named to New Jersey 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Coughlin Midlige & Garland LLP is pleased to share that ten of the Firm's attorneys have been selected to the...
- September 19, 2019 Jason Meisner to Present at DigiCON 2019 on October 11, 2019
On Friday, October 11th, Jason Meisner will be presenting on “'I Can Get Sued for That?' Legal Pitfalls of Marketing in a...
- May 9, 2019 New Jersey Governor Bans Non-Disclosure Agreements for Harassment, Retaliation and Discrimination Claims
New Jersey has joined the #MeToo movement as Governor Phil Murphy recently signed Senate Bill 121 into law. The new...
- March 12, 2019 Coughlin Midlige & Garland Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers 2019 List
Coughlin Midlige & Garland LLP is pleased to share that eight of the Firm's attorneys have been selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers...
- October 2, 2018
Jason Meisner is set to speak at The VIP Exchange networking breakfast on Tuesday, October 2nd at the Park Avenue Club in Livingston. ...
- September 23, 2015 Can a State Environmental Law Resurrect a CERCLA Contribution Claim?
State statutes designed to compel private parties to spend their money to cleanup contaminated sites typically mirror the federal Comprehensive...
- November 26, 2014 Suzanne Midlige Elected to the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel
Suzanne Midlige has been elected to the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel. This new organization, incorporated in Delaware as...
- Jury Verdict Favors Defendant
Despite a prior liability finding against our client, we avoided any damage exposure by successfully arguing to the jury that the damages were all pre-existing.