Tanya M. Mascarich
Of Counseltmascarich@cmg.law 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Fax (973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Tanya Mascarich is Of Counsel in the Firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Services and Commercial Litigation Groups.
Tanya’s practice focuses on litigating commercial disputes involving insurers, corporations, small businesses, and individuals in New York, New Jersey, and other State and Federal Courts. She has argued appeals before the New Jersey’s Appellate Division and Supreme Court. She has extensive experience representing insurers in complex commercial coverage matters arising out of environmental pollution, mass torts such as asbestos and talcum powder claims, business losses, and life and disability claims under ERISA. A seasoned litigator, she has additional experience in actions involving business contracts, employment relationships, and commercial real estate.
Prior to joining Coughlin Midlige & Garland, Tanya spent over 18 years specializing in insurance coverage litigation at Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP and Cuyler Burk, P.C.
Tanya’s experience with complex coverage disputes includes:
- Arguing before the New Jersey Supreme Court and Appellate Division on the issue of policy assignment by a corporate successor to the named insured.
- Representing insurers in multiple coverage disputes relating to contamination of Lower Passaic River.
- Litigating coverage for an electrical transformer manufacturer’s environmental liabilities at several sites in the United States.
- Litigating and advising clients on allocation and coverage issues arising out of alleged asbestos liabilities of manufacturers of industrial pumps, friction products, and talcum powder products.
- Handling CERCLA and Spill Act claims involving soil and groundwater contamination claims arising out of large industrial and chemical operations, as well as claims of leaking underground storage tanks from gasoline stations and residential properties.
- Managing funds for environmental cleanups.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Loyola University New Orleans (B.A., magna cum laude, 1992)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2010)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2002)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2021)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2021)
- State of New Jersey (2002)
- State of New York (2020)
Tanya was involved in the following matters with reported decisions:
- Continental Ins. Co. v. Honeywell International, Inc., 234 N.J. 23 (2018)
- Givaudan Fragrances Corp. v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co., 227 N.J. 322 (2017)
- Givaudan Fragrances Corp. v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co., 442 N.J. Super. 28 (App. Div. 2015)
- Chubb Custom Ins. Co. v. Prudential Ins. Co. of America, 195 N.J. 231 (2008)
- Chubb Custom Ins. Co. v. Prudential Ins. Co. of America, 394 N.J. Super. 71 (App. Div. 2007)
Awards and Honors
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law (2017-2021).
Named a New Jersey Super Lawyer (2017-2018) and a Super Lawyers "Rising Star - New Jersey" for Insurance Coverage (2010-2011), (This list is published by Super Lawyers. Their selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.)
Co-General Counsel, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (2020)
Secretary, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (2018-2020)
Marketing Committee Co-Chair, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (2013-2018)
Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
The Worrall F. Mountain American Inn of Court (2005-2006)